- Ph.D. Environmental Engineering, University of Maryland College Park, 2012
- M.S. Environmental Engineering, University of Maryland College Park, 2008
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Maryland College Park, 2005
- Engineering education research
- Integration of socio-technical issues in technical undergraduate curriculum
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers
- Fate and transformation of environmental pollutants
- Sustainable use of biosolids as a fertilizer
- ENCE215 – Engineering for Sustainability (Spring ’15, ’16, ’17; Fall ’15, ’16, ’17, ‘18)
- ENCE411 – Environmental Engineering Science (Spring ’16, ’17, ‘18)
- ENCE489G – Sustainability and Infrastructure Study Abroad Athens, Greece (Spring ’18)
- ENME407 – “The Land of Fire and Ice”: Sustainability, Climate Change, and Renewable Energy Systems (Summer ’18)
- ENCE 489 – Special Topics (Summer ’16, Spring ’17)
- ENCE310 – Introduction to Environmental Engineering (Fall ’14)
 2018 Andrade, N. A., Tomblin, D. “Engineering and sustainability: the challenge of integrating social and ethical issues into a technical course.” Paper accepted for ASEE 2018 conference, under preparation.
 2018 Wang, X., Andrade, N. A., Torrents, A., Ramirez, M. “PBDEs in class A biosolids produced by thermal hydrolysis process and anaerobic digestion.” Under preparation.
 2018 Sanders, J. P., Andrade, N. A., Menzie, C. A., Amos, C. B., Gilmour, C. C., Bell, J. T., Henry, E. A., Brown, S. S., Ghosh, U. “Persistent reductions in the bioavailability of PCBs at a tidally inundated Phragmites australis marsh amended with activated carbon.” Submitted to Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry.
 2018 Sanders, J. P., Andrade, N. A., Ghosh, U. “Evaluation of passive sampling polymers and non-equilibrium adjustment methods in a multi-year surveillance of sediment pore water PCBs.” Submitted to Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry.
 2018 Wang, X., Andrade, N. A., Shekarchi, J., Fischer, S. J., Torrents, A., Ramirez, M. “Full scale study of class A biosolids produced by thermal hydrolysis pretreatment and anaerobic digestion.” Submitted to Waste Management Journal.
 2017 Andrade, N. A., McConnell, L.L., Anderson, O. M., Torrents, A., Ramirez, M. “Polybrominated diphenyl ethers: residence time in soils receiving biosolids application.” Environmental Pollution, 222, 412-422.
 2016 Centofanti, T., McConnell, L. L., Chaney, R. L., Beyer, N. W., Andrade, N. A., Hapeman, C. J., Torrents, A., Nguyen, A., Anderson, M. O., Novak, J. M., Jackson, D. “Organic amendments for risk mitigation of organochlorine pesticide residues in old orchard soils.” DOI: 10.1016/j.envpol.2015.11.039; Environmental Pollution, 210, 182-191.
 2016 Akbari, F., Andrade, N. A., Horwat, M., Kjellerup, B. V. “Aquatic Biofilms: Ecology, water quality and wastewater treatment.” Section: New technologies using biofilms. Chapter 9: Biofilm biodegradation potential. ISBN: 978-1-910190-17-3, Caister Academic Press, Romaní, A. M, Guasch, H., and Balaguer, D. (editors).
 2015 Andrade, N. A., Lozano, N., McConnell, L. L., Torrents, A., Rice, C. P., Ramirez, M. “Long-term trends of PBDEs, triclosan, and triclocarban in biosolids from a wastewater treatment plant in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US.” DOI: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2014.09.028; Journal of Hazardous Materials, 282, 68-74.
 2014 Andrade, N. A., Centofanti, T., McConnell, L. L., Hapeman, C. J., Torrents, A., Nguyen, A., Beyer, W. N., Chaney, R. L., Novak, J. M., Anderson, M. O., Cantrell, K. B. “Utilizing thin-film solid-phase extraction to assess the effect of organic carbon amendments on the bioavailability of DDT and dieldrin to earthworms.” DOI: 10.1016/j.envpol.2013.11.008; Environmental Pollution, 185, 307-313.
 2014 Lozano, N., Andrade, N. A., Deng, D., Torrents, A., Rice, C. P., McConnell, L., Ramirez, M., Millner, P. D. “Fate of microconstituents in biosolids composted in an aerated silage bag.” DOI: 10.1080/10934529.2014.865461; Environmental Science and Health, Part A: Toxic/Hazardous Substances and Environmental Engineering 49, 720-730.
 2013 Andrade, N. A., McConnell, L. L., Hapeman, C. J., Torrents, A. “Utilizing polymer-coated vials to illustrate the fugacity and bioavailability of chlorinated pesticide residues in contaminated soils.” DOI: 10.1021/ed300418e; J. Chem. Edu. 90, 479-482.
 2010 Andrade, N. A., McConnell, L. L., Torrents, A., Ramirez, M. “Persistence of polybrominated diphenyl ethers in agricultural soils after biosolids applications.” DOI: 10.1021/jf9034496; J. Agric. Food Chem. 58, 3077-3084.