ESTEEM SER-Quest Program
Description: The ESTEEM Research Mentoring Program (Engineering Science and Technology to Energize and Expand Young Minds) and the Summer Engineering Research (SER)-Quest is an intensive 4-week research-focused program. It is for commuters only and will be in-person with no housing available. The program is sponsored by the Center for Minorities in Science and Engineering.
The goal of the ESTEEM/SER-Quest Program is to recruit talented students to attend the A. James Clark School of Engineering at the University of Maryland, College Park.
During the ESTEEM/SER-Quest Program, students will:
- Explore engineering through a research project
- Learn about engineering research and engineering concepts
- Develop a research proposal, complete a literature search, and review the research project
- Learn about the college application process, financial aid processes, and college preparation/transition
- Meet undergraduate and graduate students through engineering-focused programs and activities
Please note that participation in the ESTEEM/SER-Quest does not guarantee admission to the University of Maryland.
Target Group: Rising 12th-grade students
Program Office: Center for Minorities in Science and Engineering
We will accept and review complete applications on a rolling basis until all slots are filled. All application components must be received to be considered complete.