Applicants must have received a degree from the A. James Clark School of Engineering, be no more than 40 years old on December 31, 2022 and exhibit one or more of the professional characteristics aligned with the ECDA Society (leadership, innovation, service and/or entreprenuership).
A new class of inductees will be announced biannually.
Inductees to the Early Career Distinguished Alumni Society will be:
- Welcomed back to campus for a day of networking with fellow alumni at the forefront of their respective field;
- Presented with the Early Career Distinguished Alumni award during a special reception with Clark School and volunteer leadership;
- Recognized on the engineering website as well as college and departmental newsletters and/or magazines;
- Provided access to Clark School leadership and campus resources to advance their careers, research, corporate engagement or entrepreneurial ventures;
- Invited to connect with current engineering students to share advice as they embark on their professional journeys;
- Engaged with the Clark School throughout the year as additional opportunities arise to speak in classes, serve on advisory boards, collaborate with faculty and more.
UMD Faculty, staff, alumni and industry peers are encouraged to nominate an engineering alumnus/a without completing the full application. The nominee will be alerted to complete their package with the most up to date and accurate information. Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged.
Complete packages will be reviewed by a committee of Clark School faculty, staff, and alumni leaders. Inductees will be notified no later than July 15, 2022. Inductees must be present to accept the award and induction to the Early Career Distinguished Alumni Society on the UMD campus on Friday, September 23, 2022.