Engineering. Leadership. Global.
Course Evaluation Request Form
- This database is intended to provide you with historical information about course evaluations facilitated by the Office of International & Leadership Programs. Additional courses, particularly General Education evaluations, can be found on the Registrar's Transfer Credit Services website.
- Depending on the course and your major, courses you plan to take while abroad may need to be re-evaluated.
- Scroll to the bottom of this page to review the naming convention used in the database in order to search for approved technical electives for your major.
- Complete the Engineering Course Evaluation Request Form to have an abroad course that is not already approved by your major evaluated for transfer credit.
The following list provides information on how technical electives and/or category electives are notated in the database. You should search for electives courses using the below naming convention for your major.
- TECH4XX approved by ENAE denotes out of major technical electives
- ENAE4XX denotes in major technical electives
- BIOE4XX denotes BIOE electives
- BSCI4XX denotes BSCI electives
- CHEM4XX denotes CHEM electives
- Any 300/400 level course from any engineering department (except for ENES) along with CHEM241, CHEM271/272, BCHM463, CMSC132, MATH463, or MATH464 can be used as a breadth elective
Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- CHBE4XX denotes CHBE electives
- TECHXXX that shows as CHBE as the departmental approval denotes technical elective
- ENCE4XX denotes in major ENCE elective (1 required)
- TECH4XX that shows as ENCE as the departmental approval denotes out of major technical elective (1 allowed)
- TECH4XX denotes a category F elective
- "ENEE Category [insert letter A-E] CE" denotes a category elective for Computer Engineering (e.g. "ENEE Category A CE" denotes a category A elective for CE students.
- TECH4XX denotes a General Technical Elective (GTE)
- "ENEE Category A EE" denotes a category A elective
- "ENEE Category B EE" denotes a category B elective
Fire Protection Engineering
- TECH4XX or any technical course in any engineering discipline at the 300-400 level denotes an ENFP technical elective
Material Science & Engineering
- All electives are approved on an individual student basis and any approved electives for ENMA students are for historical information purposes only.
- TECH4XX provides historical information for an ENMA student who took a course as a technical elective
- ENMA4XX provides historical information for an ENMA student who took course as a specialization elective
- TECH4XX denotes an out of major technical elective
- Any technical course (in ENGR, CMNS, or BMGT) at the 300-400 level denotes an out of major technical elective
- ENME4XX denotes an in major technical elective