To accept your engineering scholarship, you need to complete the 2019-2020 Scholarship Acceptance Form. You will be asked to provide short answers to several items and upload your picture and your thank you letter to your donor. Your thank you letter, bio, and picture will be sent to your donor so they should represent you at your best.
Before You Begin the Online Scholarship Acceptance Form
- Prepare your thank you letter to your donor. For assistance in writing your thank you letter, please visit Thanking Your Scholarship Donor. If your scholarship has more than one donor, you only upload one copy of the letter (not a copy for each donor). You should make a note on the letter you upload with the names of all the donors you thanked (Example: cc: Mr. Joe Terp, Ms. Gina Diamondback). Please include a digital version of your signature in your letter.
- Prepare your bio, which should contain responses to the following short statements. Write professionally using good grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Activities I do outside of class (research, leadership, projects, work, organizations and societies, etc. (40-80 words)
- Honors and awards I have received at the University of Maryland (30-70 words)
- Community service and volunteer activities in which I am involved (40-80 words)
- After graduation, I plan to... (50-100 words)
- Prepare your digital photo (.jpg or .png). The photo can show you in business attire or business casual. It should be a photo just of you and not a picture of you in a group. The photo will be provided to your donor along with your bio. An image size of approximately 420x 500 pixels is suggested.
- If you have any questions or problems uploading your acceptance materials, please contact Dr. Nicole Roop at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Erin Wessell at email@example.com.
Please note that once you begin the scholarship acceptance form, you must complete it. You will not be able to partially complete the acceptance form, save it, and return to it later.