The Clark School is grateful for the generosity of alumni, industry partners and friends of the college, for the support of our engineering students and through the abundance of scholarship programs. As shared in your award letter, in order to finalize your acceptance of your scholarship you are required to complete the 2022-2023 Scholarship Acceptance Form, which includes a short biography, your picture, and a thank you letter to the scholarship donor. This is a very important part of the scholarship process, as it affirms the value and significance of the donor's contributions and allows them to learn more about the students they are supporting. Your thank you letter, bio, and picture will be sent to your donor so they should represent you at your best.
Before You Begin the Online Scholarship Acceptance Form
- Prepare your thank you letter to your donor. For assistance in writing your thank you letter, please visit Thanking Your Scholarship Donor. If your scholarship has more than one donor, you only upload one copy of the letter (not a copy for each donor). You should make a note on the letter you upload with the names of all the donors you thanked (Example: cc: Mr. Joe Terp, Ms. Gina Diamondback). Please include a digital version of your signature in your letter.
2. Prepare your bio, by responding to the following short statements. Write professionally using good grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Activities you do outside of class (research, leadership, projects, work, organizations and societies, etc.)
- Honors and awards you have received at the University of Maryland
- Community service and volunteer activities in which you are involved
- "After graduation, I plan to..."
- Prepare your digital photo (.jpg or .png). The photo can show you in business attire or business casual. It should be a photo just of you and not a picture of you in a group. The photo will be provided to your donor along with your bio. An image size of approximately 420x 500 pixels is suggested.
- If you have any questions or problems uploading your acceptance materials, please contact Dr. Nicole Roop at email@example.com or Dr. Erin Wessell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that once you begin the scholarship acceptance form, you must complete it. You will not be able to partially complete the acceptance form, save it, and return to it later.