- Show evidence of superior academic excellence and interest in engineering
- Be an incoming freshman admitted to the University of Maryland, having confirmed attendance to University of Maryland
- Be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
- Be able to live on campus for 5 weeks during the program and fully participate in all program activities and not work during that time
- Commit to registering for Achieving College Success: First Year Transition course for the Fall 2020/Spring 2021 semesters
LSAMP Bridge Program for Scientists and Engineers
The program invites 20-25 newly admitted, underrepresented minority students to participate in a summer and academic year program that provides academic support, professional development and community within their STEM field. Bridge includes a five-week residential summer program that offers students an opportunity to get an early start in undergraduate engineering coursework and become familiar with campus. The program also provides an extensive campus orientation and helps ensure the success of its participants during their first collegiate year.