The LSAMP Bridge Program is open to all UMD pursuing engineering, including Clark School students and Letters and Science students with the intention to major in engineering. Applications are currently being accepted. Supported by The National Science Foundation, Northrop Grumman, The Office of the Dean of Engineering, and Boeing. Find the application link under Application Information.
The LSAMP Bridge Program invites 25-30 incoming UMD freshmen pursuing engineering an opportunity to receive academic and personal support through supplemental instruction resources, math and science workshops, professional development, and community. As an LSAMP Bridge participant, a student is considered an active member of the nationwide LSAMP Alliance, with access to the LSAMP Travel Award Program, LSAMP Undergraduate Research program, opportunities to attend various conferences, and the LSAMP Bridge to Doctorate Program.
The Bridge Program is comprised of two components: Summer and the Academic Year.
Bridge Summer component (summer prior to freshman year): Will be on campus from Sunday, June 30th, 2024 - Saturday, August 3rd, 2024
- Math (Precalculus and Calculus) & Chemistry for Engineers workshops
- Academic Success Class (campus resources)
- Peer Mentors
- Supplemental Instruction hours
- Bridge advisor
- Community building activities
- Summer course costs (4 credits) included
- Professional/career development with partner companies such as:
- Northrop Grumman
- W. L. Gore and Associates
- Lockheed Martin
Bridge Fall component:
- Mandatory tutoring for Math or Chemistry (based on the cohort's needs)
- Mandatory attendance of LSAMP Bridge community-building activities
- Professional and career development activities/workshops
- Required Enrollment in "First-Year Transition" course (Spring semester)
- Required advising meetings with the LSAMP coordinator
- Required volunteer service
For more information please contact email@example.com
- Show evidence of superior academic excellence and interest in engineering.
- Be an incoming freshman admitted to the University of Maryland, having confirmed attendance to the University of Maryland, College Park
- Plans to pursue engineering degree through required ENGR courses
- Be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
- Be available during dates and fully participate in the program in all activities.
- Commit to registering for Achieving College Success: First Year Transition course for Fall 2024/Spring 2025 semesters
The 2024 Bridge Application will be live in Februray 2024!
Completed applications include:
- Completed written prompts
- Unofficial transcripts submission
*REMINDER: Student must be a citizen/permanent resident to apply
Space is limited, the deadline is May 2024
Decisions following the priority deadline will be made on a rolling basis.
2024 LSAMP Bridge program costs is TBD.
Step 2: Complete UMD Math Placement Exam
- Must be completed by ALL UMD students
Step 3: If selected you will need to complete and submit program documents by the deadline given in emailed packet
Step 4: Pay the participant fee