Successful applicants must meet the eligibility criteria listed below.
- Is affiliated with the Center for Minorities in Science and Engineering.
- Is available to fully participate in all program workshops and activities.
- Is enrolled full-time at the University of Maryland College Park.
- Is a current first-year, second-year, or recent transfer undergraduate student.
- Is in an engineering or computer science field, or in the School of Letters & Sciences.
- Has a strong interest in technology career pathways and a good academic record.
- Is a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
The application for the Spring 2023 cohort is now closed.
There are 2 steps to the application:
1. Complete the 2022-2023 Clark School Scholarships Application if you have not yet done so. Students not in the Clark School can also click the "For Engineering Students" button to complete the application.
2. Complete the AmazonNext Scholars Supplementary Application Form.
The final step upon notification of acceptance into the program is to complete the Contract for Excellence form to confirm a seat in the program.
The following are the components and benefits of the Spring 2023 program:
- Participants will receive up to $5,000 for successful completion of the AmazonNext Spring 2023 Workshop Series and other program requirements.
- The AmazonNext Spring 2023 Workshop Series will comprise of 12 sessions starting on February 8th, where participants will hear from guest speakers and learn soft skills using the Amazon Leadership Principles and through various excercises like mock interviews and resume critiques.
- The AmazonNext Spring 2023 Workshop Series will also include a technical aspect where students will be introduced to principles of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) through a research problem in robotics that incorporates data analysis and modeling.
- Participants will be a assigned to a mentor who is a current employee at Amazon who will engage with students on topics around career mapping throughout the Spring Semester.
- Participants will have the chance to receive favorable consideration for Amazon internship placements.
- Participants will receive a voucher for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification exam upon completion of the optional technical practice cloud enterprise modules and will be able to prepare for technical interviews by working together on HackerRank modules.
- Participants will have access to graduate students for tutoring and receive academic advising during the semester.
The AmazonNext Spring 2023 Workshop Series is on Wednesdays at 5:00 - 7:30 pm.