When you volunteer, not only are you helping others; it’s a great way to develop interpersonal and organizational skills. It also shows initiative, helps fill in gaps on your resume, and expands your professional network. If the volunteer work is hands-on or related to engineering, it’s even better.
- Engineers without Borders
- Habitat for Humanity
- Prospective Student Outreach
- UMD’s Alternative Breaks
- UMD Leadership & Community Service-Learning
- UMD Community Service Database
- UMD Prehealth Volunteer Opportunities
At left, mechanical engineering student, Jenna Schueler, leads alternative spring breaks.