- All degree requirements must be satisfactorily completed.
- A minimum of 120 credits (except for Aerospace Engineers who required a minimum of 124 credits) are required to graduate.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA and within your engineering major is required.
- The final 30 credits must be completed on campus, unless prior Dean's approval is received.
- All courses being used towards the degree must be taken for a letter grade.
- Students will not be allowed to graduate with any 'I' (Incompletes) or 'NG's (No-Grades) regardless if the course is being used to satisfy degree requirements.
- If completing a minor along with a major, both the minor and major must be completed at the same time before the degree information will be posted. Students cannot complete the major, be awarded the degree and then return to finish the minor in a later semester/term.
Submit Graduation Application form on TESTUDO no later than the last day of schedule adjustment of the semester in which you plan to graduate.
- The UA&AS Office will begin the process of reviewing all graduation candidate files.
- The college will contact students if there is any issue that needs to be resolved prior to graduation.
- Students will receive email notification about the Engineering Commencement Ceremony or students can visit the Engineering Commencement Ceremony page to RSVP attendance to the Clark School of Engineering Commencement Ceremony and view additional information regarding the Engineering Commencement event .
- Students can visit the University Commencement page for additional information about participating in the campus-wide commencement ceremony.
SPRING 2021 Engineering Commencement Ceremony:
There is no need to submit a request to participate/walk in the Clark School of Engineering’s spring 2021 commencement ceremony because the commencement ceremony is virtual. Please visit https://eng.umd.edu/commencement-ceremony for details and the link which will be activated after the University’s commencement ceremony.
Additional information about the University’s commencement ceremony go to https://www.commencement.umd.edu/.
Steps to follow when requesting a Commissioning Letter:
- If a student needs a letter to confirm that an engineering degree will be awarded before final grades are submitted in order to participate in a commissioning ceremony, the student should inform every instructor of this situation at the beginning of the final semester.
- At least one week prior to the commissioning ceremony, students must obtain a letter (or email) from every instructor confirming that the student will pass the course with a C- or better. Again, a letter must be obtained from every instructor regardless of how the course satisfies degree and/or university requirements.
- Submit the grade confirmation letters (or emails) to Mary Bell in the Undergraduate Advising & Academic Support Office for processing.
- If a student has been given a Degree Clearance/Completion of Graduation Requirements form from their branch of service to complete, this form can be completed by the UA & AS Office too as long as letters confirming passage of every course with a grade of C- or better are provided.
Additional information about graduation regalia can be found at Commencement Ceremony.