There are several components that are reviewed during the graduation clearance process. It is recommended that you meet with your academic department to verify your graduation status. In addition to meeting with your academic department, view the graduation checklist on this site for items that are typically examined.
- The UA&AS Office will begin the process of reviewing all graduation candidate files.
- The college will contact students if there is any issue that needs to be resolved prior to graduation.
- Students will receive email notification about the Engineering Commencement Ceremony or students can visit the Engineering Commencement Ceremony page to RSVP attendance to the Clark School of Engineering Commencement Ceremony and view additional information regarding the Engineering Commencement event .
- Students can visit the University Commencement page for additional information about participating in the campus-wide commencement ceremony.
Steps to follow when requesting a Commissioning Letter:
- If a student needs a letter to confirm that an engineering degree will be awarded before final grades are submitted in order to participate in a commissioning ceremony, the student should inform every instructor of this situation at the beginning of the final semester.
- At least one week prior to the commissioning ceremony, students must obtain a letter (or email) from every instructor confirming that the student will pass the course with a C- or better. Again, a letter must be obtained from every instructor regardless of how the course satisfies degree and/or university requirements.
- Submit the grade confirmation letters (or emails) to Mary Bell in the Undergraduate Advising & Academic Support Office for processing.
- If a student has been given a Degree Clearance/Completion of Graduation Requirements form from their branch of service to complete, this form can be completed by the UA & AS Office too as long as letters confirming passage of every course with a grade of C- or better are provided.