Be intellectually curious about both the world and the people around you. Leverage the knowledge and experiences of your team; problems should not be solved on islands. Never doubt your seat at the table and the value you bring when in the room; you deserve to be where you are.
Tony O. Awojoodu, Ph.D.
Director of Strategy at DaVita
Degree(s) at UMD:
- B.S. in Bioengineering in University of Maryland College Park, 2009
Degree(s) at Other Institutions:
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology/Emory University, 2014
- M.S. in Biomedical Engineering at University of Virginia, 2011
Tony is the founder and CEO of Tone’s Professional Advisory Solutions and Services where he helps business leaders achieve peak performance in their lives. Before becoming Director of Strategy for DaVita he worked for McKinsey & Company as an engagement manager. During his time in higher education, he held internships at AstraZeneca Merck Pharmaceuticals, and W.L Gore & Associates. He has served on the NSBE National Convention Planning as Public Relations Chair. Completed his Ph.D. in the laboratory of Dr. Edward Botchwey and focused on sphingolipid metabolism and immunomodulation in sickle cell disease. He published three research papers within the Biomedical Field, Tony has been endorsed by his peers for his skills in cell culture, biomedical engineering, and data analysis.
- BES/NSBE (Black Engineers Society)
- LSAMP Undergraduate Research Program, 2007-2009
Previous Story CMSE Alumni Stories Next Story