Office of Advanced Engineering Education
Maryland Robotics Center
- Ph.D., Aerospace Engineering, University of Colorado at Boulder
- M.S., Aerospace Engineering, University of Colorado at Boulder
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland at College Park
ENME489Y: Remote Sensing
Fundamentals of active and passive remote sensing technologies for autonomous navigation and terrain mapping. Lidar, radar, and computer vision. Semester project: design, integration, and deployment of lidar sensor using Raspberry Pi, OpenCV, and Python.
- ENME350: Electronics & Instrumentation I
- ENME351: Electronics & Instrumentation II
- ENME392: Statistical Methods for Product & Process Development
- ENME462: Vibrations, Controls, & Optimization II
Selected Publications & Patents
- Thayer, J. P., S. Mitchell, and M. Hayman, Remote measurement of shallow depths in semi-transparent media, U.S. Patent No. 9,476,980. 25 Oct. 2016.
- Mitchell, S., Why not see the forest and the trees, LiDAR News 5.4 (2015): 31-35.
- Mitchell, S. E., and J. P. Thayer (2014), Ranging through shallow semitransparent media with polarization lidar, Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 31(3), 1 Mar 2014.