Accepting Applications for Student Entrepreneurship Fellowship
The Robert E. Fischell Institute for Biomedical Devices is accepting applications for the MPowering the State Student Entrepreneruship Fellowship through January 18, 2020.
With support from MPower funds, the University of Maryland, College Park and University of Maryland, Baltimore have developed new, cross-campus programming and infrastructure to foster collaborative research and help recent graduates bring their ideas to market.
The newly established MPowering the State Student Entrepreneurship Fellowship will help transition innovative medical device projects into great business ideas by utilizing various programs offered through the University of Maryland, including the Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) program. Those interested in applying for this fellowship should consider the following criteria:
- The sponsored project(s) should utilize technology developed at the University of Maryland, College Park and University of Maryland, Baltimore.
- The sponsored project(s) can be a continuation of a Senior Capstone project.
- Funding is awarded for one to two years.
This fellowship is open to students graduating from the engineering, pharmacy, or related STEM programs. Fellowship benefits include:
- Fellowship recipients will be enrolled in the Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) program, beginning Fall 2020.
- The fellowship stipend may be applied toward tuition costs for the M.Eng. program.
- Fellowship recipients will have access to dedicated lab space and material support for prototype development.
- Fellows will build connections with industry and regulatory professionals.
For additional information view our flyer.
Apply online or learn more about some of our current MPowering the State Student Entrepreneurship Fellows' work.
Published December 5, 2019