Building Together Announcement Garners Extensive Media Coverage
On October 4, 2017, the A. James Clark School of Engineering and University of Maryland announced a transformative investment of $219,486,000 from the A. James & Alice B. Clark Foundation. Building Together: An Investment for Maryland will increase college access and affordability, inspire the next generation of engineering leaders, and spark innovations that tackle today’s most daunting problems.
This investment, the largest in UMD history and among the largest to a public research institution in the 21st century, will propel the Clark School and UMD to the forefront of education and research by establishing and funding an array of need-based scholarships, graduate fellowships, distinguished faculty chairs, and operational and capital projects.
Learn more about Building Together at: buildingtogether.umd.edu
The announcement garnered press attention that resulted in hundreds of media clips and hundreds of millions of impressions.
Read from a selection of these media stories below:
- The Washington Post, A record-breaking gift to the University of Maryland: $219 million
- The Baltimore Sun, University of Maryland receives $219 million gift, largest in college's history
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education, University of Maryland Receives $220 Million Donation
- ABC7, UMD receives largest donation gift of over $200M for scholarships, fellowships
- CBS Baltimore, University Of Maryland Gets $220M Gift For More Scholarships
- The Washington Times, University of Maryland announces nearly $220 million investment from Clark Foundation
- Washington Business Journal, UMd. receives largest gift in school's history from Clark Foundation
Published October 11, 2017