FPE Information Session
Friday, October 25, 2019
3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
FPE suite, 3106 J.M. Patterson Building
Attend an information session to learn about our unique program!
Fire Protection Engineering (FPE) is the only ABET-accredited undergraduate program in the world! FPE students use predictive modeling, innovative building and product design, risk analysis, human behavioral studies and other engineering methods to protect people from fire. The field is experiencing explosive growth in the job market and our graduates are eligible for opportunities in exciting careers all over the world.
When and where are the Information Sessions?
Information Sessions are a full two hour program: AN RSVP IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND. Each Information Session will consist of the same material, so you only need to attend one. Current high school students, undergraduates, community college students and their families are welcome to attend.
Fall 2019 Information Sessions:
- Thursday, September 26, 4:00 - 6:00 pm
- Friday, October 11, 4:00 - 6:00 pm
- Friday, October 25th, 3:00 - 5:00 pm
What Will You Do at an Information Session?
- Watch demonstrations of fire research and take a tour of the lab spaces
- Talk with current students and meet uniquely collaborative faculty
Why Attend an Information Session?
- Learn how to join the only ABET-accredited FPE program in the world
- Learn more about the field and career options
- Get an inside look at an engineering major