Walk-In Advising for Prospective Transfer Students
Transfer Coordinator Walk-In Hours
Transfer Info Sessions
This one hour information session will guide prospective students through the transfer process, give an in-depth explanation of the Clark School's nine majors, and share with you academic, professional, and extra-curricular opportunities at the University of Maryland.Transfer Students' Information Sessions Registration Form.
Prospective Transfer Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
UA&AS Phone Number: (301) 405-9973
Fax Number: (301) 314-9867
1131S Glenn L. Martin Hall
4298 Campus Drive
College Park, MD 20742
Admission Requirements or Criteria
For best consideration both external (outside UMD) and internal transfer (current UMD) students will be admitted to the Clark School, on a space available basis, if they meet the following admission requirements:
A minimum grade point average of 3.0 in all courses taken at the University of Maryland and all other institutions is required for internal and external transfer students.
- Completion of MATH 141 with minimum grade of B- or better.
- Completion of PHYS 161 with a minimum grade of B- or better.
- Completion of either CHEM 135 or CHEM 271 or CHEM 134 with a minimum grade of C- or better. (Students who take CHEM 134 must also complete CHEM 131 with a C-).
- Students interested in applying to Bioengineering prior to Spring 2018 must also complete BIOE 120 with a minimum grade of B-.
Limited Enrollment Programs guidelines:
- Only one gateway or performance review course may be repeated to earn the required grade and that course may only be repeated once. When more than one course can satisfy a gateway requirement, taking a second course from the list will count as a repeat. (Please note that a grade of "W" is considered an attempt and must be repeated).
- Students may apply only once to an LEP.
- Students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 after admission to an LEP. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from the major.
Internal: If you have completed the above requirements, complete the online LEP application. The application is due by the 5th business day of the month as follows:
- Spring semester admission: January
- Fall semester admission: June
Once you have submitted your application electronically and your application has been reviewed, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions will send you an admission decision via email instructing you of your next steps.
External: Admission to the University of Maryland and admission to the Clark School are two separate processes combined into one application. For more information about the UMD transfer admission process, please refer to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. International applicants should also be sure to review the International Applicant Requirements.
Those students who have met all of the gateway requirements listed above will be directly admitted to engineering (on a space availabliity basis). Students who are admitted to UMD but who have not yet completed the gateway requirements will be offered admission into the Division of Letters & Sciences.