The team at Verizon Business is providing a Maryland student with $1,000 to fund their post-secondary education.
- Must be a resident of Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, or Washington, D.C.
- Must be accepted to or currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or graduate program in the United States.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- A completed application form
- Either a 300–400 word essay or a 2–3 minute video answering one of the questions provided
- A current high school or university transcript (an unofficial transcript is acceptable)
How it will be awarded:
The $1,000 winnings can be applied to tuition, books, or other college expenses
The award will be made payable directly to the recipient’s educational institution
Winners will be notified by email in June 2020
Scholarship Award Details
The scholarship recipient will be notified by June 30, 2020. The $1,000 scholarship must be applied toward educational expenses, including:
Graduate or undergraduate tuition
Books and other class-related fees
On-campus room and board for the 2020 academic year
The award will be made payable to the recipient’s educational institution. Applicants are required to submit any receipts to remain in compliance with the IRS.