Award: One (1) $1,000 award
Eligibility: High school seniors or recently graduated seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and demonstrated desire to major in or pursue a degree one of the following (or closely related) STEM disciplines:
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Biosciences/Pre-med/health-related fields
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Cognitive, Neural, and Behavioral Sciences
- Computer and Computational Sciences, including Statistics and Accounting
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Sciences
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Operations Research
- Teaching in STEM areas
The NSHSS Foundation provides STEM scholarships for underrepresented groups in order to help reduce financial barriers for those with academic and leadership potential and the desire to pursue STEM careers. We recognize that in order to increase diversity in the technology workforce, we must increase diversity in undergraduates.
- Personal Statement of 500-800 words or less that answers this prompt:
- Why STEM? How have you shown a dedicated passion for the STEM field throughout your high school career?
- List of STEM Activities
- 1-2 Educator Recommendations
Application Opens: June 1, 2021
Deadline to Apply: October 15, 2021 by 11:59PM
*Please note that closing time is in EST.