LA UNIDAD LATINA FOUNDATION, INC., a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization established in 1999, exists to:
• Award scholarships ranging from $500 to $1000 to scholars pursuing academic excellence in higher education; AND
• Fund community programs and student organizations dedicated to the civic empowerment in the Latino community La Unidad Latina Foundation is unequivocally committed to equal opportunity. Therefore, La Unidad Latina Foundation does not discriminate against scholarship applicants on the basis of gender, race, national origin, disability, age, color, creed, or sexual orientation.
Scholarships are available on a competitive basis to undergraduate four-year college, and graduate students who meet the criteria as described below and abide by the following requirements. Graduates of two-year, community college students who are starting at a four-year college no later than January 2022 are also eligible to apply.
• Minimum cumulative GPA above 2.80, on 4.0 GPA scale. Cumulative GPAs below 2.80 do not qualify for this scholarship.
• Enrolled on a full-time basis, in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program at an accredited four-year college or university.
• Eligible Degrees: all Bachelor degrees and Master of Arts, Master of Science, Master of Public Administration/Policy, Master of Public Health, Master of Social Work, Master of Education, Master of Divinity and Doctor of Philosophy. Applicants pursuing graduate degrees in medicine (M.D., O.D., R.N., etc.), law (J.D., LL.M, etc.) or business (M.B.A. or B.B.A.) are not eligible for LULF scholarships.
• For undergraduate applicants, at least one completed year of full-time study.
• Must reside in the United States as of time of application.
· Unofficial copy of transcript upon submission of scholarship application. If selected as a finalist, applicants will be required to submit an official transcript issued by their institution.
· 2-year, community college applicants starting at 4-year college must provide an acceptance letter from the 4-year college or university the applicant plans to attend.
· Letter of recommendation from university administrator/faculty, or community leader describing student leadership and commitment to civic service (maximum of 250 words).
· Only when requested by LULF: Official university-issued academic transcript(s) required and included in application. Graduate students are required to submit graduate and undergraduate transcripts.
Applications are only accepted during the application period, September 1, 2021 to October 15, 2021.
· Letters of recommendation must be uploaded to this form OR mailed to: La Unidad Latina Foundation, 25 Broadway, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10004.
· Mailed letters of recommendation must be postmarked by the deadline.
· Please do not send letters of recommendation by registered mail or another delivery service that requires a signature, as we are sometimes unavailable to sign for deliveries.
Engineering majors:All Engineering Majors
Class standing:Undergraduate Graduate
Does the Clark School's scholarship application need to be completed?No
Other requirements and how to apply:https://www.jotform.com/form/212348985672165
Application deadline:Friday, October 15, 2021