CPT Authorization Steps for F-1 Visa Holders
Clark School students on F-1 visas are able to work off campus in their field of study under Curricular Practical Training (CPT).
In this workshop, representatives from Engineering Career Services and International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) will review the steps and forms needed to request CPT work authorization, including:
- eligibility, restrictions and limitations (dates, locations, types of work)
- evaluating and responding to offers (policies and best practices)
- academic components for engineering students (ENCO or research credits)
- offer letters, learning plans, and other forms
- what to expect from Career Services and ISSS