THE CHARLOTTE W. NEWCOMBE SCHOLARSHIP
The Charlotte W. Newcombe Foundation provides scholarships in partnership with selected colleges and universities that welcome enrollment by mature adults and are committed to their success. The University of Maryland is very pleased to be selected as a partner institution with the Newcombe Foundation by providing Newcombe scholarships for mature adult students seeking to complete bachelor’s degrees at the University.
Adult students now comprise a large portion of the enrollment at most colleges and universities, with many of these non-traditional students being mature women. Newcombe Scholarships help reduce dependence on loans while recognizing the tremendous efforts of many mature students make to be good students and to complete degrees while juggling a myriad of other commitments.
- Students 25 years of age or older.
- Good academic standing in previous college work.
- All candidates must maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Demonstrated financial need as evidenced by completion of the FAFSA or renewal FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov and scholarship application.
- Completion of at least half the credits necessary for an undergraduate degree (60 credits) by FRIDAY, AUGUST 6th, 2021
- Special consideration will be given to:
- Students who demonstrate a considerable level of service to others in their families and community and a desire to continue such service
- Students demonstrating need through compelling, thoughtful, genuine, and thorough essay question responses
- Students with disabilities (or family member/s with disabilities)
- Students who have received this scholarship less than two times
- Students pursuing their first Bachelor’s degree
- Admitted as full or part-time undergraduate at the University of Maryland, College Park, by FRIDAY, AUGUST 6th, 2021
Engineering majors:All Engineering Majors
Does the Clark School's scholarship application need to be completed?No
Other requirements and how to apply:Please contact Mira An at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Application deadline:Friday, August 6, 2021