Engineering Orientation Advisor Selection
The Undergraduate Advising and Academic Support Office is looking to hire individuals for the position of Engineering Orientation Advisor (EOA). On Day 2 of each summer orientation session EOAs will teach new students to use TESTUDO and help with creating class schedules for the upcoming fall semester. EOAs must be organized, timely and a team player. This is a great opportunity for students who will be on or near campus during the summer.
The commitment would involve 8-10 hours of training in late May and or early June.
EOAs MUST be available from 8:00am to at least 1:00pm on the following dates: June 3, 9, 14, 16, 21, July 1, 12, 14, 19 and posible July 21 & Agust 15.
This is not the same position as University Orientation Advisor (OA) hired by the Orientation Office. This position does NOT provide on-campus housing or parking.
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate engineering major
- Minimum grade point average of 2.7
- Rising Sophomore status is preferred
Benefits of being a member of the Engineering Orientation Advising Team
- $12 per hour
- Opportunity to work with a diverse group of people
- Improve leadership development & organizational skills
- Gain knowledge about University of Maryland and Clark School of Engineering policies, procedures, etc.
- Personal satisfaction from helping new engineering students
- Chance to assess and determine personal strengths and abilities
- Enhance networking skills and abilities
- Gain practical experience in teamwork and role modeling
- Complete an Engineering Orientation Advisor Application, available at this website: Engineering Orientation Advisor Application
- Applications must be submitted by: April 15, no later than 12:00pm.
- The Advising Staff will review applications the 2nd-3rd-4 week in April and contact those selected for an interview.
- The Advising Staff will conduct individual interviews 3rd-4th week in April.
All dates are subject to change.
Email Shannon Bate